“An olive a day can keep your doctor away”. Yes, you heard it! Olive can be your new apple of the eye and there are many reasons why you should buy olive (comprar olivos) today!
When it comes to healthy lifestyle, proper exercise and healthy food is essential. Speaking of healthy foods, olives count as one of them. Olive is well known for having all the benefits that we need in our body. Below are the reasons why you should start including olives in your daily meals:
- Cardiovascular benefits. The free radicals that you usually get every day from pollution, stress and unhealthy lifestyle oxidize cholesterol which can damage your blood vessels and build up fats in your arteries. The antioxidant nutrients that you can get from black olives prevent the oxidation of cholesterol which plays a big role in preventing possible heart diseases.
- Cancer prevention. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of olives are a great source of protection against cancer caused by chronic inflammation and chronic oxidative stress. If your cells get overwhelmed by chronic excessive inflammation and oxidative stress, your risk of cell cancer is increased. However, adding olives on your daily meal can help reduce the risk of cancer by providing your body with the rich supplies of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients.
- Skin and hair health. Black olives are very rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that nourishes, protect, and hydrate your skin and hair. Most of it is vitamin E. Whether you ingested it or applied it topically, Vitamin E has been shown to protect skin from dangerous ultraviolet radiation which causes premature aging and skin cancer.
- Great for weight loss. The monounsaturated fats that you can get from eating olives may encourage weight loss. Moderate consumption of olive oil has been shown to breakdown fats inside fat cells, which can help you getting rid of belly fat and reduce insulin insensitivity. People who have the highest olive consumption usually eat fewer calories overall and are rarely overweight.
- Digestive tract health. Daily consumption of monounsaturated fats and vitamin E from black olives can help reduce the risk of colon cancer by neutralizing free radicals in our body. Olive oil has also a proven beneficial effect on gastritis and ulcers. Natural olive oil activates the secretion of bile and pancreatic hormones much more naturally than your doctor’s prescribed medicine, thereby lowering the incidence of gallstone formation.
- Great source of Iron. Black olives are very rich in iron; the ability of red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout your body is due to the presence of iron in your blood. Suffering from lack of iron can make you feel exhausted and get short of breath easily because your oxygen level is low. Adding olives in your daily meal can help prevent iron deficiency.
A healthy diet and healthy lifestyle is the basis for a well mind and body. Adding olives in your diet in a moderate amount can help you achieve overall wellness. The above benefits are the reasons why this fruit is a certified “miracle food”.