After winning the losing battle of addiction, it is now time for the road to recovery to be tackled. Maintaining your recovery is a battle that is a lot harder to fight, not with all the temptation that surrounds you. There is also a parallel connection to the thinking of “getting rich quickly” to “getting to recovery the fast way”. Recovery requires time to achieve and determination to get through it. There is no pain-free remedy to overcome the anxiety and the cravings that addiction provides. As there are no fast and easy way and sure-fire plan to recover but there are treatments and solutions that can be done to achieve recovery. For the sober living mesa az staying sober is important to not fall back to your initial problem: addiction. Here is the best way to do to make your recovery smooth and easy:
- Create your own morning routine – it does not matter even if you are working or studying, there is still a lot of time in your hands to fill. Keeping yourself busy is very important as you want to try to avoid temptation. Sitting around in your room, letting another day pass and sitting with the temptation will lead you back to your addiction. Having a schedule and keeping yourself busy is sure to avoid temptation.
- Choose your three most important tasks – having a purpose every day helps a lot. If you have an important task that needs to be accomplished every day keeps you busy and moving into a healthier lifestyle. You will eventually realize that your life has a purpose and by doing an important task every day will keep your confidence up. It is also best to keep it in minimum. One of the great risks of going back to your old self is by being disappointed on what you are doing. 3 tasks a day is enough as to avoid getting disappointed with a task not done.
- Get some exercise – exercising is very important and this applies to everyone. Exercise provides health benefits not only to your physical health but to your mental health as well. Spare at least 5 to 10 minutes of your time doing some exercise is enough to keep you healthy. You can also choose to eat healthier food options like fruits and vegetable every day.
- Spare time cleaning your place – keeping your place filthy and dirty only give negative vibes in your environment. It also reminds you of the negativity that you have experienced in the past. Plus, living in a place that is chaotic and disordered is not only bad for your health but to your mentality as well. Spending at least 15 minutes of your time cleaning your place can make you feel wonderful. In addition to that, moving to an organized place is so much better and easier.
- Stand with your decision – when you say NO stand to it. Be firm on your decision especially if you want to stay on your recovery. It is always best to decline than to fall back to your addiction.